Saturday, February 19, 2005

sun in the sky...

After feeling pretty, pretty, pretty unwell this afternoon, it's kind of nice to not feel so icky now. That might just have something to do with the fact that I've spent the entire afternoon and evening without any sort of "deep" contemplation, commiting myself to a self-indulgent session of relaxation. Of course, watching a movie like Trainspotting isn't really that relaxing, but watching A Fish Called Wanda, and the awe-inspiring Heat has definitely helped a lot.
I can't wait until I finally hit the sack tonight. I want to just get the best night sleep possible so that I can get on with things tomorrow. I've got plenty to do. Namely, to write up my notes from my lectures and seminars this week, and to prepare my readings for next week, including Gaskell's North and South which I've not yet purchased. I'm dreading the possibility that this novel is going to be some sappy, girly and Austen-esque, and that I'm not going to be able to read it in time for next week's lecture. And then there's the problem of my dissertation proposal. Not only that, but there's still no luck on the dating front either. I wish life was easier. There goes my relaxation...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home