Wednesday, January 12, 2005

Well, I may have not blogged in the past two months or so, but then, I'm sure there wasn't much to miss. Today, I grace my admittedly rather small readership with the announcement that for the gazillionth time, I'm quitting smoking. Though, this time, I want it to be REAL. I haven't had one in over 12 hours, but then, I slept through 9 of those. However, I have my mint flavoured Nicotinell as back-up, so should I feel the urge to go smokal, I can pop one of those lozenge things in my mouth. Not to sure I'm keen on the side-effects that can occur from giving up smoking on a long-term basis though, including indegestion/heartburn, dizziness, headaches and insomnia. I think I have a lot to look forward to. Yay! At least my lungs and circulatory system will be in better condition though.

Anyhow, aside from the non-smoking, I've got plenty of things to do, so I think I might just kind of push all thoughts of the deathstick to the back of my mind, and concentrate on reading the books I need to for my course, and then my assignments, of which there are three, all needing to be approx. 2500 words. One is due in next Wednesday, the other two the Wednesday after that. Meaning that if I manage to read the two books I need to for my Literature units, and the text extract for my Contemporary European Thought unit by the end of today, I can start work on the essays tomorrow with a total of 13 days to spare between the three of them. Which means about four days and a bit on each one, which doesn't seem too unreasonable. But at the same time, doesn't allow for too much contemplation on what it is that I'm going to write. This is going to be about as much fun as the non-smoking. Yay! I can't think of an upside to this.

I might be seeing House of Flying Daggers tonight though. And if I am (or do... whatever), then I guess that gives me more than enough to be excited about. I haven't been to the cinema in ages, and I believe the last time that I did was to see Blade Trinity, which was shit as you like. Well, it was only a month ago, but that's still four more weeks than I would have liked. Saying that, I haven't had the chance to watch many movies at all. I incorporated watching The Birds and Heavy Metal (what a combination!) into my Christmas, but for the most part, when not working, drinking or eating, I was just existing; no more, no less.

Guess I could start reading.... (Jim Thompson, The Killer Inside Me)....

1 Comments:

Blogger LoseThatWeight said...

Interesting blog you have here, I landed here on accident. I was searching for something else and came across your site. I found it pretty interesting and entertaining. I got you book marked.

I will pop back in from time to time to see what you have new here.

My site is a bit different than yours, but just as entertaining and educational, I run a herbal patches related site pertaining to herbal patches related articles.

7:31 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home