Saturday, June 12, 2004

I knew this would happen. It's been eleven days since my last blog, and funnily enough, that blog was made before I returned home to the island, and before I started working again. For the first couple of days... it was fine. I worked only Thursday, Friday and Saturday, with 8 hours each day. Which, as I said... was fine. I had Sunday off, and met up with Jim and Ben (avec his new girlfriend, Sian - makes my single status all the more aggrovating... will there be any of my friends left, other than Jim, that can share this status with me!?) after a rather long hiatus. However, by Monday, my hours had increased a bucket load. In the space of 7 days, I will have worked 56 hours, which, for once, is officially more than what my grandmother has worked this week... and I'm tired. I'm really tired. And irritable through lack of social interaction.

On my first night back, I was forced into going to the cinema to see Day After Tomorrow. It was alright, though very farfetched. Special effects were amazing, but the sheer tweeness of the ending was a little dissatisfying. At least, that's what I think. Perhaps I would have enjoyed it more if I wasn't with my grandparents and my younger brother. Perhaps that sounds a little cruel and uncaring. Perhaps I don't care?

I did get to meet up with Jim and Ben (with Sian) again last night. And Chris too! Which was all very nice. My social circle seems to be expanding again... slowly but surely. I'm looking forward to when everybody is back on the Island... but fear it may be longer than I would like. Still, Kresta will be back at work next week, so hopefully I will feel a little bit better having a fellow university student friend to speak to, in person, on a regular basis.

I'm also currently hating Isle of Wight festival-goers. They keep coming into the shop in which I work, and buying alcohol, and flashing their little wristband ticket things about. Sure, they're helping to pay my wages (if you disregard their confusing me and letting them have a £17-odd bottle of vodka for £9.99... it would take too long to explain), but the fact that they are participating in such a large-scale social event kinda makes my isolation all the more obvious, and crushing any good feelings left in my life at the moment into a mushy pulp.

Anyways, I think I'm going to stop this rather unplanned babble (with no real sense of direction) and watch Evil Dead. It's not really the right time of day at this time of year to be watching this film. It needs to be dark and all thundery, and all scary like. It isn't. It's sunny, and if I'm not watching it with the volume turned up real loud, I can hear the musicians at that God-forsaken (or at least mé-forsaken) festival, and all the crowd having so much fun. My life sucks. *cries*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home