Tuesday, May 20, 2003

"Kiss my yellow, hairy ass!" [spoilers ahoy! - re: Phone Booth]
Tada! Film exams over! Kaplooey! Well, except for the other two in a month's time, but they're in a months time. I don't need to worry about them for another 27 days at least. Only kidding. So, where was I before my laptop busted and all those nasty exams? Ah... Phone Booth! Well, where should I start?

Okay, first of all, I'd like to point out that Alan Morrison isn't perhaps quite so stupid in what he said from one point of view. Knowing who the actor is that voices the sniper is a little spoilerific, possibly ruining the twist in the film's ending. However, I still think that knowing the actor's identity isn't that much of a spoiler. Because, knowing that it was Kiefer before I even went in to the movie, at the end of the movie, when they find the pizza guy, I was trying to imagine Keifer unto the guy. And I almost did. I thought the pizza guy did look slightly like a chubby Kiefer. But then the twist, and oh! So, I guess... basically, from my perspective... knowing the actor isn't really a spoiler. Because when I saw that it wasn't Sutherland, or at least a guy that looked like Sutherland on first appearances, I began to rationalise. So, that's that!

I am glad, however, that Kiefer was the guy chosen to be the sniper. After talk of Jim Carrey and Will Smith, the fact that it fell to Jack fucking Bauer, CTU agent extraordinaire - he also has a voice that sounds strikingly similar to the ones used in the phone calls in Scream - well, it's great! I'm thinking that had it been Jim Carrey or Will Smith, well, for a start, it would have been a completely different movie, and to me, it doesn't seem as if they'd have fit well anyhow.

And with art imitating life, in a different perspective than the whole Washington Sniper event, Farrell has the perfect part playing someone who, funnily enough, doesn't seem too dissimilar from the image the British press have presented of him in recent times, having been connected with a string of women, one including the famously virginal - yeah, fucking right - Britney Spears.

Oh, and it's much better than Batman & Robin.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home