Wednesday, May 28, 2003

Burn Baby, Burn!
Ah. I don't think there's anything quite like a bit of retail therapy, and while HMV didn't have one of the videos that I went down for - They Were Expendable - I did get to buy VHS copies of both The Quiet Man and The Searchers. I guess you can thank Sight and Sound for that. John Ford Western season, here we come! These babies might even come in handy in the 'Studies in genre and authorship' section on my Unit 6 Film Studies paper, but let's not talk about that. I've yet to watch either purchases, but thought I should report something to you all, no matter how menial.

I also reverted back to something of a naughty old habit. Yes, I bought an issue of (cue: dramatic chord) Heat. I know, I know. But I was getting tired of the faux intellectualism I was trying to emulate by buying, and sometimes reading the Radio Times. I want some mush to read. And here it is, complete with a very funny picture of Michael 'proud dad' Douglas.

Sorry to leave you so soon. But I must go - I've got Watchmen to read!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home